Friday, August 8, 2008

Almost finished

Friday-

I think we are finishing well. From the feedback sheets the kids turned in to the strong connections between campers and staff to the questions raised I think this little battle in te spiritual war for the universe was well fought to the credit of the God who has motivated and empowered those working with and for Him. As I write the kids are making smores around the firebowl and having just a grand time enjoying each other. Earlier I challenged them on two fronts. Once again I asked if they were ready to live dangerously for God and added the challenge that living dangerously for God means you give yourself away to others. We listened to two great songs (The Last Jesus, and Declaration) from Kirk Franklin’s new CD The Fight of my Life – great songs really underscoring so many of the points God led me to raise over eight nights of teaching – te cool thing is I had never even listened to them before Wednesday and it’s as if they were written to preach the last night’s message.

Tomorrow they leave – it will be a long morning of long goodbyes and lots of cleaning. Debriefing is also on the agenda – it’s so important to reflect on what God’s done, what to expect as we reenter the real world and what we need to do with our experience. In the afternoon we take the train to Freiburg for sightseeing, souvenirs, and German chow.

Guten Appetite!

No comments: